Oct 30, 2006

Miss Demeanour

Eloise is becoming quite a little character. They say that toddlers like to push boundaries and I suppose that she is no exception.

Here current modus operandi revolves around liquids. Give her a cup of milk, and she will happily glug away at it, until when she gets almost to the end - or sometimes before - she just tips the whole lot over the ground. This makes me grind my teeth. "Why," I demand, "why did you do that?" She looks at me as if to say "Go on, what do you think of that then. Do something, go on."

So today when she did it I carted her off and put her in her room for a couple of minutes. Perhaps, with repetition and gently persuasion, this will be effective as a means of communicating.

Now when Matilda does something wrong, such as, just as an example that springs to mind, jumping up on a work surface and eating my tea, Eloise will shout "Da! Get Da!"

So she does understand right from wrong. Doesn't she?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:27 AM

    What a cutie - wait til she reaches 16.. Wanna swap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget 16. I'm waiting til she's two. How's the taxi driving business?

    ReplyDelete