Oct 3, 2006

Jacaranda

Here are some more pictures showing unhappy or comatose animals at the zoo.

We were up when the sparrows got their second wind after Nicole's hilarious mobile-phone-as-alarm-clock time zone confusion. For a while I thought it was going to be panic stations and a mercy run to the hospital but she was OK in the end. Maybe I should get a flashing light so we can blue light it into town should we need to. On the other hand, maybe I should get some dog beds.

E had me up and about by 7.30 or so, so we bunged on ABC and vegged in front of TV rubbish while waking up. All I can say is these Wiggles - whoever they are - really disturb me, and seem to have some kind of vice like hold on Oz. They think they can wave their fingers around and get away with it, how can they be so sure?

We Cheery ho-ho-hoed for breakfast then, by crikey, I did some hoovering down below (now now). Subliminally I think I have been thinking about hoovering for a while now, maybe related to the vacuum in my life previously occupied by work, or the vacuum in Nicole's life previously taken up by cooking, or could it be the build up of dirt on the floor... who knows. Eloise seems to have worked out the attachments, for after de-fluffing the brushy bit on the long thing that you rub on the ground which makes the dirt disappear, I came back and there she was holding out the dingly dangly tentacle thing that comes out of the bubbly bubbly ground hugger, indicating that I should connect the two, and squawking.

We then spent a delightful half hour driving the tuk-tuk as well as generally moving irrelevant things around, pointing at the sky, spying on neighbours and passers-by, and peeling dried paint off the drive with our fingernails. Beats watching it dry in the first place I suppose. Maybe. It did beat putting the Napisan (sp?) into the nappy bucket for a while. Perhaps that was the point.

All of which was killing time before going to the library, on the way to which there was no magpie action whatsoever. At the library, as it's Tuesday, there was story telling action, but - oh my god - it seems to have been nothing but a repeat of Friday! Same themes, same books, same songs (Bananas in Pyjamas, now that's just wrong).

Mysterious smells prompted our departure after trading in our books. We are keeping a weekly balance of four at the moment.

Then off to bed for Eloise, who was completely Jacobs.

In other news, the Jacaranda tree outside the house is getting its blossoms into gear.

Anything else interesting.... Spiced Vegetable and Cashew Nut Pilau. Yum, notwithstanding the blackened cashew nuts.

Snap to the left: Agincourt Street by night. Charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment