Feb 28, 2011

Rainforest, Early Morning

Rainforest, Early Morning The other day Nicole had a day off so she suggested that she could take Eloise to school and I could go out and do some tography.

So I set my alarm clock for bloody early in the morning, after checking sunrise time, and headed up to Mount Coot-tha to watch the sun rise over the city.

Then I headed up into the hills and wandered around for a while in the rainforest in the early morning chill. The sun was just coming up over the crest of the hills and the birds were noisy and abrasive, but it was very peaceful.

I came down the other side of the mountain and visited Cedar Creek, which was very much changed since the last time that I had been there.

The heavy rains that caused the flooding here had pummeled down taking many trees with them. There used to be a gentle waterfall over a bank of rocks above a large plunge-pool: the plunge-pool is scattered with boulders and gravel and the bank of rocks has been battered into submission.

Upstream the flow is altered over the gorge that is now strewn with debris.

No comments:

Post a Comment