Sep 5, 2010

Father's Day

Science It's Father's Day today in Australia. No fuss. I raised a bit of an eyebrow - or would have if I could have - when Nicole and Eloise realised that they'd completely forgotten.

They should have remembered really because there was a big, well little, Father's Day thing on at school on Thursday where the Dads went along to have songs sung to them and poetry read and to indulge in tower-building competitions wearing cardboard ties, which was nice... but they didn't.

You might think I'm sounding sour grapes but I'm not, I really couldn't give a monkeys. Eloise and I had a nice day walking the dog and we went to the Science Museum in the afternoon and had lots of fun.

Yesterday was Riverfire and turned into a Public Transport Catastrophe. Our plan was to catch a bus from the shiny new Hospital Bus Interchange but as it turned out the quite infrequent buses were full and wouldn't let anyone on, so we engaged a plan B and drove down to New Farm, scored a lucky parking space and watched from atop the cliffs as the F-111s screamed overhead dumping fuel as they went.

I can venture without fear of too much hyperbolae that it was indeed an awesome sight as the jet plane roared up the river apparently chased by the brightest torch you can possible imagine with the yellow light passing over the towers of the city and the shadows chasing around them.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:39 PM

    My excuse is my assignment. No proper excuse but it is the only one I have.
    Happy Father's Day.
    Your very ashamed wife.

    ReplyDelete