Mar 7, 2010

Two Wheels

Two Wheels So we were having a scoot around the block today, me walking, Eloise scooting.

As we were about to get home I suggested that Eloise have a go on her little bike. She hasn't had it out for ages and with all the back of the bike stuff she might have more of a feel for it.

Paul was out so I chatted to him whilst Eloise rode around in little circles for a while. She then pointed out that her knees were touching the handlebars, and that she therefore needed a new bike.

I suggested instead that I get a spanner and we raise the handlebars, which we duly did, and Eloise started riding round in circles again, before again sidling up, this time to ask for the training wheel to be taken off.

With some surreptitious trepidation this too was done, then she was given a little push off and bugger me if she didn't just ride up the road on two wheels for about twenty metres before turning around with a look of surprised exultation and disbelief. Probably matched by mine.

She spent the rest of the afternoon riding up and down, and within half and hour turning corners.

It was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment