Feb 10, 2010

Showers

Tiny in the Woods We've had a week of showers on and off. I say showers, I think it was Sunday the showers dropped 100mm of rain on us.

So I've had a few soakings, which is OK, the brook is up, and water is flowing in the forests. We haven't been caught out on the school run yet.

Eloise is going gangbusters at school and loving it, no nerves or anything like that. She's making friends, especially with a little girl called Olivia and another little girl called Claudia.

It just so happens that Eloise and Olivia share the same birthday, and Claudia's is only a couple of days later, so scheduling the parties has been interesting and we have decided that Eloise and Olivia will have a joint one.

Not that kind of joint.

So Nicole and Mrs Olivia have been collaborating on invitations and so on and so forth, which has been... interesting isn't quite the word I'm looking for.

Time continues to be an issue during the day as the school hours aren't long enough to actually achieve anything much once the dogs have been walked and lunch eaten. For instance, I footled around, I mean did some work for an hour waiting for the washing to finish this morning before walking the dogs around Samford then did a little exploring and it was 2pm by the time I got home. A little more work and it was time to fetch Squeaky.

Then we had to go dancing, so had to be there for 4, left there a little after 5, went shopping at Woolie's for wifey's mystery ingredient and, um, by jiminy, that's the day done in.

On Mondays swimming is straight after school, and on Thursdays it's Yoga.

Did I mention Yoga? Unlike last time I attempted it, this time I haven't fallen asleep or broken wind. Which is a relief. But we've only been once.

No comments:

Post a Comment