Apr 18, 2009

A Tooth Less

Water Crisis What with the truckloads of rain that have been falling until earlier this week, the dams levels are have druised nearly up to the 60% the government has set as a target for declaring the drought over.

By coincidence we have had a slightly water-intensive week with two swimming sessions. We went on Thursday, just the two us, for a laugh, and today we went to the pool for a birthday party. Or should I say pardy.

Hannah from Eloise's nursery class turned 4 today so there were quite a few nursery kids there. They didn't really get out of the undercover warm pool, although the day turned quite hot, so no water sliding action was had.

Quite a lot of chocolate and cake was consumed though. We were treated to the unedifying sight of Hannah stuffing her face whilst standing on a bench dressed only in a towel. Which was on her head.

We should have gone to another party almost straight after but were delayed by Eloise taking an impromptu nap for a couple of hours to recharge her batteries.

But eventually we made it down to New Farm Park where Nicole's work chums were having a barbecue and a few "stubbies." Nicole of course was reluctantly persuaded to go out with them afterwards so I'm not expecting her back until very late.

Other highlights and new experiences of the week, in no particular order: visiting a printing works for the taking of photographs around the theme of "Industry:" having a tooth yanked out of my jaw with a large pair of pliers: eating soft foods on the right-hand side of my mouth for several days.

Yes, I have had the highly unpleasant experience of a tooth extraction after an X-ray uncovered a potential infection in the roots of one of my teeth. Perhaps I will not go into the details as they still make me cringe but I will not forget seeing the pliers out of the corner of my eye before the dreadful pulling began or the total lack of sensation that the Lignacaine afforded me as my jaw let go of it. An experience I don't plan to repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment