Nov 26, 2008

A Day at the Lakes

Lake Manchester Will and I got up at the crack of dawn yesterday and set off around six o'clock to go to Lake Manchester.

I'd hoped that the construction work going on there might have finished but it was still going on, so we had to climb over a hill to get to the lake to practice our pictography.

The climb was pretty damn steep and quite high we had to stop several times to rest.

Did I mention that Will had open heart surgery a few weeks ago? Hmmm, I felt a little guilty. Not for long though. He needs exercising.

Anyway downhill was much easier and the Lake looked quite nice, though not nearly as parched around the edges as I'd hoped for what with the masses of rain that's fallen on Brisbane of late.

We retired back to the car via the construction site where we sweet-talked a security guard into not imprisoning and/or killing us. We figured that she was there to prevent people from getting in, and actually didn't seem that bothered.

We then checked out a location up by Lake Wivenhoe where Will reckoned there would be some nice dead trees reflecting in the water but when we arrived it seemed that there hadn't actually been water there for a while.

We inspected a community hall at Lake Somerset that had doors in strange places and lots of corrugated iron. Which was nice.

It was pretty warm though, it got above 30 degrees after about 9am and stayed up there for most of the day. Good job I slapped me suncream on, though I had a pink neck by the end of it.

We continued our tour of the lakes for much of the rest of the day. The Rollei got an outing. I may develop the film tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment