Jul 2, 2008

The Auckland Domain

Sparra Today I got up early with sore legs... I had sore legs yesterday too, I think I strained them on the archaic seesaw at Devonport the other day. I don't think it's gout anyway.

But I couldn't sleep and woke up to find myself in a wet bed, after twenty clear nights young Eloise had snuck into our bed and relieved herself in it. Oh well.

Anyway I saw the sun rise over the industrial docks we have the privilege to overlook, and cranes aside it was very pretty. Then back to bed for a snooze.

When we were all sorted out we headed out, having decided to go up to the Auckland Museum.

The only drawback was that we (I) didn't know the way, so we hopped on the free bus and failed to get off at the right stop.

Second time around we were older and wiser, and got off at the right place and sauntered off in what was probably the right direction, and in the Auckland Domain, the ambitiously titled park which contains the Museum, we fed some ducks and sparrows with our lunch.

The sparrows were a bit cheeky, stealing bread out of our hands, which we found highly amusing, but we retired when the geese came looking for their share.

No comments:

Post a Comment