Sep 28, 2006

British Expeditionary Force


I decided to go solo on an expedition today (today, believe it or not, was Thursday). It sort of happened by accident; I decided to drive up around Coottha to check out dog walking prospects but by the time we got there Squeaky was asleep in the back of the car so I didn't want to stop.

I decided therefore to go up to McAfees Lookout which I had attempted to visit yesterday afternoon but been caught out by rain and warnings over the radio of an impending thunder- and hail-storm and therefore decided to abort. Today though I went for it... then went for it a bit more and ended up after stopping off at Jolly's Lookout and following the now-awake sproggy around for half an hour having lunch at a little cafe at Mount Nebo.

There I had a look at the map and thought "I/we fancy a look at Lake Wivenhoe" and we carried on out into the D'Aguilar Mountains, stopping off at Wivenhoe lookout (picture above) where Nicole's frustration at Brizzy Pooter Training was compounded via text message.

Onward we went over the mountains and onto the plains on the other side where the trees thinned out somewhat and there were various vistas of empty roads vanishing off into the thinly populated wide blue yonder.



Then a txt from N saying she was on her way home! Early! So back again back again jigetty jig save only a pitstop at a lookout point we'd missed previously, which had decking bridges protuberating (if that's word (it isn't)) over trees to give a pretty fantastic view. And back by 4.30. An hour's drive I reckon.

Nicole did the cooking tonight. She insisted. She said she misses cooking. It was very nice. I can honestly say I bought the ingredients and that's the hard part isn't it?

Oh I did some washing too. I feel relatively saintly.

No comments:

Post a Comment